How we handle your personal information
It explains how AWS handles personal information and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988. If you have further questions relating to this policy please contact the Privacy Officer on 0411 377 955.
1. Scope of this policy
2. Collecting information about you
AWS collects personal information from its retail customers, suppliers and other individuals. We collect this information when it is necessary for business purposes, such as:
for sales transactions and enquiries; for registration of warranty claims and to handle claims for parts under warranty, and for setting up customer accounts and credit facilities (this is very rare) to help facilitate orders. A substantial amount of the personal information we collect concerns individuals whose information we have collected because they are the contact person at one of our customers premises. AWS seeks to comply with the Privacy Act in the handling of information relating to these contacts. The personal information we collect may be provided on forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, e-mail messages, telephone conversations, and information provided by a third party. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
3. Using and disclosing your personal information through our websites, processing of transactions and administration we use and disclose personal information in our business operations of supplying and service a range of reapirs and parts for many whitegoods brands. Besides routine administrative and management purposes, the main purposes for which we will use or disclose your personal information are: to establish and operate an AWS account, including establishing credit facilities for which, with the specific consent of applicants, we may need to access credit reporting information;to handle claims arising under service/parts warranties and to handle parts returns and any general complaints relating to our work; as required by law; to protect the rights, property or personal safety of AWS, an employee or customer of AWS, or any member of the public; if the assets and operations of the business or a part of the business are transferred to another party as a going concern. From time to time AWS may contact you to inform you of changes to our business or service range that may be relevant to you, or of any special promotional offers. You may opt not to receive marketing communications, as explained below.
4. Service providers
AWS uses a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of AWS, such as mail houses, credit checking agencies or external debt collection agencies, will sometimes have access to personal information held by AWS and may use it on behalf of AWS. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
5. When we communicate with you
We may contact you at the e-mail or other address which you provide to us in order to: provide you with updated information about our website(s); contact you in relation to your account, order, enquiry, claim or other contact with us; provide you with other information about our products and services which we believe may be relevant to you. If you are receiving promotional information from AWS and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by emailing us at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list, or calling us at 0411 377 955. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
6. You can access the information
We keep information about you and if at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, please contact us. If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal or auditing reasons.
7. Storage and security of your personal information AWS will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure computers that are protected our facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by AWS. Please note also that AWS may use off-site facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
8. Our web site privacy practices
9. Password and log-in security
For the purposes of viewing restricted access services on our website, certain customers (such as service customers) may be provided with a user name and password. If you are an authorised user of a restricted access part of our web site, you can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the AWS website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
11. What to do if you have a problem or question
12. Future changes